Tuesday 21 June 2011

CPD23 Thing 2: More blogging

As promised, today at lunchtime I went blog-hunting to find other CPD23-ers and see what they had been up to for Thing 1. I based my search on the conversation on twitter (#cpd23) and visited almost all those who sent a proud tweep about their first post yesterday. I also took a quick look at the Participants list and the tags on Delicious, to pick some interesting titles. Like I do with books, I choose bloggers on the basis of catchy titles – well done to Conan The Librarian Strikes Back who had me looking at that blog even if there was no CPD23 post on there yet.

So, here I am with my observations for today:

1. All praise to the honesty of Jill of all trades, master of none, who made me laugh out loud when I read her reason for not being a confident blogger. No, I’m not telling you what this is – go and see for yourself. I’m just adding that I totally agree with her, and share the same feeling, as I said in the comment box.

2. It was a real pleasure to visit Mind Matters, also because it gave me the possibility to comment in Italian (laziness, I know!). Enrico – you are doing a great job there and I really look forward to starting a conversation with you. Your first post (it's in English: you can all read it!) was brilliant and I’m so glad I can read all your blog. Going bi-lingual will benefit your blog immensely but keeping the core in your native language, for the reasons you explain there, is a very interesting idea.

3. I’m so glad I set up Google Reader some weeks ago.

See you all next week! I’ll be blogging for Cam23 for the rest of the week. If this won’t put me in blogging mode, what will? ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Ah Maria Giovanna, you are my new best friend! A great benefit of moving through this programme as a group is the mutual support we can give each other. And you are a perfect supporter. Thank you! -- Jill of all trades (aka @LibClare)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Clare, also for the mention on Twitter! Did you manage to receive the comments on your blog by email in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I've got to say I'm really impressed by the fact your's blogging and actively searching for blogs not in your native language.
    Good luck with cpd23.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jillybean,

    Blogging is not as popular in Italy as it is here, or at least not for librarians. Thank you for the comment anyway!

    ReplyDelete